英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(6)

本文已影響 1.74W人 

But some of my friends recognised incidents in it.

padding-bottom: 216.95%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(6)
但我的一些朋友認出了日記裏描述的事情。

And I almost gave the game away in one entry when I said, 'My mother liked my pen name Gul Makai and joked to my father we should change my name...

有一次,我在日記中幾乎是坦白了。在一篇文章中我提道:“母親喜歡我的筆名古爾·瑪凱,她向父親開玩笑說我應該把它改成本名……

I also like the name because my real name means "grief-stricken".

我也喜歡這個名字,因爲我真正的名字的意思是‘悲痛欲絕’。

The diary of Gul Makai received attention further afield.

古爾·瑪凱的日記獲得了意想不到的反響。

Some newspapers printed extracts.

有些報紙進行了摘錄。

The BBC even made a recording of it using another girl's voice,

BBC甚至找到另一個女孩,來錄製有聲版本。

and I began to see that the pen and the words that come from it can be much more powerful than machine guns, tanks or helicopters.

我開始認識到:一支筆以及那支筆所寫出來的文字所產生的力量,可以大過機關槍、坦克及直升機。

We were learning how to struggle.

我們學會了如何在困境中求生,

And we were learning how powerful we are when we speak.

也瞭解了當我們發出自己的聲音時,我們的力量有多麼強大。

Some of our teachers stopped coming to school.

有些老師中斷了工作,不再來學校授課。

One said he had been ordered by Mullah Fazlullah to help build his centre in Imam Deri.

一位老師說他收到了法茲魯拉的命令,要去伊滿德里修造他的總部。

Another said he'd seen a beheaded corpse on the way in and could no longer risk his life to teach.

另一位老師說他在校門口看到一具被砍了頭的屍體,他不敢再冒着生命危險來教書了。

Many people were scared.

許多人都很害怕。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章