英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(14)

本文已影響 1.04W人 

Afterwards I went on as many radio and TV channels as possible.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(14)
在這之後,我愈加頻繁地上電臺或電視節目。

'They can stop us going to school but they can't stop us learning,' I said.

我說:“他們可以阻止我們上學,但卻無法阻止我們學習。”

I sounded hopeful but in my heart I was worried.

我的聲音聽起來總是充滿希望,但內心深處卻憂慮不安。

My father and I went to Peshawar and visited lots of places to tell people what was happening.

我和父親一起到白沙瓦,走訪了很多地方,告訴人們事情的真相。

I spoke of the irony of the Taliban wanting female teachers and doctors for women yet not letting girls go to school to qualify for these jobs.

我諷刺道,塔利班需要女教師和女醫生,然而卻不讓女孩子們到學校上課學習,那她們要怎麼踏進那個行業?

Once Muslim Khan had said girls should not go to school and learn Western ways.

有一次,穆斯林·汗聲稱女孩子不應該上學和學習西方文化。

This from a man who had lived so long in America!

這樣的言論竟然出自於一位曾長期在美國生活的人之口,真令人驚訝!

He insisted he would have his own education system.

他堅稱他會研究出自己的教育體系。

'What would Muslim Khan use instead of the stethoscope and the thermometer?'

“穆斯林·汗用什麼來代替聽診器及溫度計?”

my father asked. 'Are there any Eastern instruments which will treat the sick?'

父親問道,“東方的什麼醫療器具能夠治病嗎?”

The Taliban is against education because they think that when a child reads a book or learns English or studies science he or she will become Westernised.

塔利班反對教育,是因爲他們認爲如果一個孩子讀書、學英文或研讀科學,他或她就會被“西化”。

But I said, 'Education is education.

而我說:“教育就是教育。

We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow.'

我們應該無所不學,然後選擇一條想走的道路。”

Education is neither Eastern nor Western, it is human.

教育與東方或西方無關,它是屬於全人類的。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章