英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(11)

本文已影響 1.42W人 

I had done a lot of television interviews and enjoyed speaking into the microphone so much that my friends would tease me.

padding-bottom: 216.95%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(11)
我參加過很多次電視訪談,非常享受對着麥克風講話的快樂,我是如此癡迷於此,以至於經常被朋友們打趣。

But I had never done anything like this.

但被跟拍,這還是頭一遭。

'Be natural,' Irfan told me.

“自然一點。”伊凡告訴我。

That wasn't easy with a camera trained on me everywhere I went even as I brushed my teeth.

這有點難度,特別是在一臺攝影機黏着你到處跑,就連刷牙都不放過的時候。

I showed them the uniform I couldn't wear and told them I was scared that if the Taliban caught me going to school they would throw acid in my face as they had done to girls in Afghanistan.

我向他們展示那件我無法再穿的校服,並告訴他們我很害怕。我擔心如果塔利班發現我去上學,會往我臉上潑硫酸,就像他們在阿富汗對女孩子們做的那樣。

We had a special assembly that final morning but it was hard to hear with the noise of helicopters overhead.

最後一天的早上,學校舉辦了一場特殊的聚會,但盤旋在頭頂的直升機讓我們難以聽到噪音以外的其他聲音。

Some of us spoke out against what was happening in our valley.

一些同學直言批判了發生在河谷的暴行。

The bell rang for the very last time, and then Madam Maryam announced it was the winter holidays.

學校的大鐘最後一次響起,瑪麗安女士宣佈了寒假的到來。

But unlike in other years no date was announced for the start of next term.

但是,與往年不同的是,沒有公佈下學期開學的準確時間。

Even so, some teachers still gave us homework.

即便如此,有些老師還是佈置了寒假作業。

In the yard I hugged all my friends.

在學校的庭院裏,我擁抱了我的每一位朋友。

I looked at the honours board and wondered if my name would ever appear on it again.

我看着學校的光榮榜,心想着不知何時,我的名字會再一次出現在上面。

Exams were due in March but how could they take place?

3月份原本要大考,但以現在的情況還怎麼考呢?

Coming first didn't matter if you couldn't study at all.

而且如果根本就不允許學習,當不當第一名還重要嗎?

When someone takes away your pens you realise quite how important education is.

當有人奪走了你的筆,你纔會真正意識到教育的重要性。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章