英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(8)

本文已影響 2.78W人 

He had asked for my father's advice.

padding-bottom: 216.95%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(8)
阿富扎醫生來徵詢我父親的意見。

My father told him, 'Don't accept good things from bad people.'

父親告訴他:“不要接受從邪惡之人手中拿到的善良的事物。”

A hospital protected by the Taliban was not a good idea so he refused.

一家依靠塔利班保護的醫院不是一件好事,於是,阿富扎醫生拒絕了。

Dr Afzal did not live far from us, so once we were safely home, my father insisted on going back with him in case he was targeted by the Taliban.

阿富扎醫生跟我們家住得不遠。在我們平安到家後,父親堅持要陪他回去,以防不測。

As he and my father drove back, Dr Afzal nervously asked him, 'What names shall we give if they stop us?'

回去的路上,阿富扎醫生緊張地問我父親:“如果他們讓我們停車,並詢問我們的姓名,我們該怎麼回答?”

'You are Dr Afzal and I am Ziauddin Yousafzai,' replied my father. 'These bloody people.

“你是阿富扎醫生,而我是齊亞烏丁·優素福扎伊。”父親回答道,“這是些嗜血之徒。

We haven't done anything wrong. Why should we change our names – that's what criminals do.'

我們什麼錯也沒犯,爲什麼要報上假名——那是罪犯纔會乾的事。”

Fortunately the Taliban had disappeared.

幸好那些塔利班都消失了。

We all breathed a big sigh of relief when my father phoned to say they were safe.

當父親打來電話報平安時,我們都長長地鬆了一口氣。

I didn't want to give in either.

我也不打算投降。

But the Taliban's deadline was drawing closer: girls had to stop going to school.

但塔利班給出的期限已經越來越近了:女孩子們不準再去上學。

How could they stop more than 50,000 girls from going to school in the twenty-first century?

現在是21世紀,他們怎樣能做到阻止五萬多名女孩去學校上課呢?

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章