英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(16)

本文已影響 1.79W人 

They were worried I wasn't eating.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(16)
我不大吃東西,他們很擔心。

But I didn't like the hospital food and I was worried it was not halal.

我不喜歡醫院提供的餐飲,而且也擔心這些食物不符合伊斯蘭教飲食戒律。

The only things I'd eat there were the nutritional milkshakes.

在那裏,我唯一接受的食物,就是營養奶昔。

Nurse Julie discovered I liked Cheesy Wotsits so brought me those.

護士茱莉發現我喜歡吃奶酪玉米片,常常準備一些給我吃。

'What do you like?' they asked me.

“你喜歡吃什麼?”他們問我。

'Fried chicken,' I replied.

“炸雞。”我回答。

Yma discovered there was a halal Kentucky Fried Chicken at Small Heath so would go there every afternoon to buy me chicken and chips.

伊瑪在小希思發現了一家遵循伊斯蘭教飲食戒律處理食物的肯德基,因此,每天下午會去那裏幫我買炸雞和薯片。

One day she even cooked me a curry.

有一天,她甚至爲我烹煮了咖喱。

To keep me occupied they brought me a DVD player.

爲了讓我有事可做,他們爲我買了一臺DVD播放器。

One of the first movies they got me was Bend it Like Beckham,

在他們爲我準備的第一批電影裏,有一部叫《我愛貝克漢姆》。

thinking the story of a Sikh girl challenging her cultural norms and playing football would appeal to me.

他們認爲一個錫克教的女孩挑戰她的文化規範,跑去踢足球的故事能夠吸引我。

I was shocked when the girls took off their shirts to practise in sports bras and I made the nurses switch it off.

但當我看見一羣女孩脫掉了襯衫,僅穿運動內衣打球時,大吃一驚,趕緊請護士幫我關掉。

After that they brought cartoons and Disney movies.

那之後,他們帶來了一些卡通和迪士尼電影。

I watched all three Shrek movies and A Shark's Tale.

我把《怪物史瑞克》前三部全部看了一遍,還看了《鯊魚黑幫》。

My left eye was still blurry so I covered it when I watched, and my left ear would bleed so I had to keep putting in cotton-wool balls.

我的左眼依舊看不清楚,所以當我看電影時,會先把它遮蓋起來;而我的左耳依然不時會流血,因此,需要不停地塞棉花球進去。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章