英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(9)

本文已影響 1.85W人 

I kept hoping something would happen and the schools would remain open.

padding-bottom: 216.95%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(9)
我不停地祈禱,希望奇蹟出現,學校能夠繼續開辦下去。

But finally the deadline was upon us.

但是終於,期限還是到了。

We were determined that the Khushal School bell would be the last to stop ringing.

我們決定讓胡沙爾學校的鐘聲響到最後一刻。

Madam Maryam had even got married so she could stay in Swat.

爲了繼續留在斯瓦特,瑪麗安女士甚至都結了婚。

Her family had moved to Karachi to get away from the conflict and, as a woman, she could not live alone.

因爲爲了避難,她的家人們已經都搬到了卡拉奇;而身爲一個女人,她沒有辦法獨自居住在這裏。

Wednesday 14 January was the day my school closed, and when I woke up that morning I saw TV cameras in my bedroom.

1月14日是星期三,是我們學校關閉的日子。那天早晨,當我醒來時,發現自己的房間裏有一臺電視攝像機。

A Pakistani journalist called Irfan Ashraf was following me around, even as I said my prayers and brushed my teeth.

一名巴基斯坦的記者伊凡·艾希拉夫準備跟蹤採訪我。他一直跟着我拍攝,就連我做禱告或刷牙時都不例外。

I could tell my father was in a bad mood.

看得出,父親的心情很差。

One of his friends had persuaded him to participate in a documentary for the New York Times website to show the world what was happening to us.

他的一位朋友曾引薦他參與一個《紐約時報》官方網站的紀錄片拍攝計劃,以便讓世界看到我們這裏發生的一切。

A few weeks before, we had met the American video journalist Adam Ellick in Peshawar.

於是幾個星期前,我們在白沙瓦和負責該項目的美國錄像記者亞當·艾利克見了面。

It was a funny meeting as he conducted a long interview with my father in English and I didn't say a word.

那是一次有趣的會晤。他首先用英文對我父親進行了一個很長時間的採訪,而我只是靜靜地坐在一旁。

Then he asked if he could talk to me and began asking questions using Irfan as an interpreter.

然後,他問是否可以跟我說話,接着便通過伊凡作爲翻譯開始向我提問。

After about ten minutes of this he realised from my facial expressions that I could understand him perfectly.

大約十分鐘後,他從我的面部表情意識到我其實聽得懂他說的話。

'You speak English?' he asked me.

“你會講英文嗎?”他問我。

'Yes, I was just saying there is a fear in my heart,' I replied.

“會,我剛纔是想說我仍心存恐懼。”我答道。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章