英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第20章:誰是馬拉拉?(6)

本文已影響 2.15W人 

When everyone was ready he took Miss Rubi and a couple of small children in the front cab with him.

padding-bottom: 216.95%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第20章:誰是馬拉拉?(6)
當所有人都準備就緒,他讓茹比小姐和其他幾個年紀較小的孩子,坐在前面的駕駛區。

Another little girl cried, saying she wanted to ride there too.

另一個小女孩哭着說她也要跟他們坐在一起。

Usman Bhai Jan said no, there was no room; she would have to stay in the back with us.

烏斯曼說不行,因爲前面已經沒有空間了,她得跟我們一起留在後座。

But I felt sorry for her and persuaded him to let her in the cab.

我覺得她很可憐,便說服了烏斯曼讓她也坐在前排。

Atal had been told by my mother to ride on the bus with me, so he walked over from the primary school.

母親叮囑阿塔爾要和我一起搭巴士,所以他從小學部走了過來。

He liked to hang off the tailboard at the back, which made Usman Bhai Jan cross as it was dangerous.

阿塔爾總是喜歡鬆開車輛的後擋板,這讓烏斯曼很生氣,因爲這樣做很危險。

That day Usman Bhai Jan had had enough and refused to let him.

那天,烏斯曼覺得他受夠了,讓阿塔爾住手。

'Sit inside, Atal Khan, or I won't take you!' he said.

“坐進去,阿塔爾·汗,否則我就不讓你上車!”他說。

Atal had a tantrum and refused so he walked home in a huff with some of his friends.

阿塔爾發了頓脾氣,拒絕上車,決定和他的幾個朋友一起走路回家。

Usman Bhai Jan started the dyna and we were off.

烏斯曼發動了車子的引擎,駛離校區。

I was talking to Moniba, my wise, nice friend.

一路上,我與莫妮巴,我那聰明而又善良的朋友談天。

Some girls were singing, I was drumming rhythms with my fingers on the seat.

有一些女孩在唱歌,我用手指在座位上打着節拍。

Moniba and I liked to sit near the open back so we could see out.

莫妮巴和我喜歡坐在靠近車後方的出口處,這樣,我們就可以看見外面的景色。

At that time of day Haji Baba Road was always a jumble of coloured rickshaws, people on foot and men on scooters, all zigzagging and honking.

在一天當中的那個時刻,哈吉巴巴路上總是擠滿了各種顏色的人力車、行人與摩托車騎士,每個人都企圖超車,並猛按喇叭。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章