英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第20章:誰是馬拉拉?(3)

本文已影響 2.38W人 

As we waited for the signal to start the exam, I recited holy verses to myself.

padding-bottom: 216.95%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第20章:誰是馬拉拉?(3)
等待開始答題之前,我心裏默唸神聖的詩句。

I completed the paper but I knew I'd made a mistake filling in the blanks.

我答完了考卷,但很快發現我在一道填空題上出了錯。

I was so cross with myself I almost cried.

我生自己的氣,氣到差點落淚。

It was just one question worth only one mark, but it made me feel that something devastating was going to happen.

那道題目只不過佔一分,但它讓我預感到某種更具破壞性的事情將要發生。

When I got home that afternoon I was sleepy, but the next day was Pakistan Studies, a difficult paper for me.

那天下午回到家時,我很困,但第二天的考試科目是巴基斯坦研究,一門對我來說難度較高的課。

I was worried about losing even more marks so I made myself coffee with milk to drive away the devils of sleep.

我很擔心自己會拿到更低的成績。所以,我爲自己泡了一杯加牛奶的咖啡,想以此來驅走睡魔。

When my mother came she tried it and liked it and drank the rest.

母親來看我時,嚐了一口我的飲料,覺得很好喝,便一口氣把剩下的全部喝光了。

I could not tell her, 'Bhabi, please stop it, that's my coffee.'

我沒有辦法對她開口說:“嫂嫂,別喝了,那可是我的救命咖啡啊。”

But there was no more coffee left in the cupboard.

而櫥櫃裏的咖啡已經喝完了。

Once again I stayed up late, memorising the textbook about the history of our independence.

這天,我照樣複習到很晚,背誦課本上關於獨立的章節。

In the morning my parents came to my room as usual and woke me up.

一大早,父母和往常一樣來我的房間叫我起牀。

I don't remember a single school day on which I woke up early by myself.

在我的記憶裏,在過往上學的所有日子裏,從沒有一天是我自己主動爬起來的。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章