英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(17)

本文已影響 2.67W人 

We visited the Lok Virsa museum, and it was a joy to celebrate our national heritage once again.

padding-bottom: 216.95%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(17)
我們參觀了洛克維薩民俗博物館,與我們國家的歷史文化遺蹟與傳承欣然相遇。

Our own museum in Swat had closed.

斯瓦特的博物館早已關閉了。

On the steps outside an old man was selling popcorn.

外面的階梯上,一個老人在販售爆米花。

He was a Pashtun like us, and when my father asked if he was from Islamabad he replied, 'Do you think Islamabad can ever belong to us Pashtuns?'

他跟我們一樣,是普什圖人。當我的父親詢問他是否來自伊斯蘭堡時,他回答道:“你覺得伊斯蘭堡有任何屬於我們普什圖人的可能性嗎?”

He said he came from Mohmand, one of the tribal areas, but had to flee because of a military operation.

他說他來自莫赫曼德,部落地區之一,但因爲一場軍事行動的緣故而逃來這裏。

I saw tears in my parents' eyes.

我看到父母的眼中滿含淚水。

Lots of buildings were surrounded by concrete blocks, and there were checkpoints for incoming vehicles to guard against suicide bombs.

伊斯蘭堡許多建築的外圍都豎起了水泥牆,入口處設有檢查哨,盤查過往車輛,以防自殺式炸彈襲擊者的攻擊。

When our bus hit a pothole on the way back my brother Khushal, who had been asleep, jerked awake.

回家的路上,巴士駛過一個坑洞,顛簸了一下,原本在睡覺的胡沙爾猛地驚醒過來。

'Was that a bomb blast?' he asked.

“剛剛是炸彈爆炸嗎?”他問。

This was the fear that filled our daily lives.

這就是充斥我們日常生活的恐懼。

Any small disturbance or noise could be a bomb or gunfire.

任何風吹草動或噪音都被以爲是炸彈或槍炮。

On our short trips we forgot our troubles in Swat.

在這次短暫的旅行中,我們暫時將有關斯瓦特的煩惱拋在腦後。

But we returned to the threats and danger as we entered our valley once again.

但一回到故鄉的山谷,威脅與危險便接踵而至。

Even so, Swat was our home and we were not ready to leave it.

但即便如此,斯瓦特還是我們的家,我們還不準備離開這裏。

Back in Mingora the first thing I saw when I opened my wardrobe was my uniform, school bag and geometry set. I felt so sad.

回到明戈拉,打開衣櫥,一眼就看到我的制服、書包和數學用具。我很難過。

The visit to Islamabad had been a lovely break, but this was my reality now.

伊斯蘭堡的旅程是一次短暫而美妙的休憩;而眼前的一切,纔是我的真實人生。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章