英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第14章:一種有趣的和平(14)

本文已影響 2.37W人 

We heard they were dropping hundreds of commandos from helicopters into the mountains in the north.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第14章:一種有趣的和平(14)
我們聽說他們利用直升機,在北部山區空降了數百名突擊隊隊員。

More troops appeared in Mingora too.

駐紮在明戈拉的士兵也增加了。

This time they would clear the town.

這一次,他們要徹底掃蕩這座城鎮。

They announced over megaphones that all residents should leave.

他們用麥克風喊話,要求所有居民都暫離此地。

My father said we should stay.

父親說我們應該留下。

But the gunfire kept us awake most nights.

但在大多數夜裏,我們都被槍炮聲嚇得睡不好覺。

Everyone was in a continuous state of anxiety.

每個人都陷入持續的焦慮狀態。

One night we were woken up by screaming.

一天晚上,我們被尖叫聲喚醒。

We had recently got some pets – three white chickens and a white rabbit that one of Khushal's friends had given him and which we let wander around the house.

我們家新近增添了幾隻寵物——三隻白雞和一隻白兔。兔子是胡沙爾的朋友送他的,我們任它在家裏隨處活動。

Atal was only five then and really loved that rabbit so it used to sleep under my parents' bed.

阿塔爾當時只有五歲,他很喜歡那隻兔子,所以它常常就睡在我父母的牀下。

But it used to wee everywhere so that night we put it outside.

但兔子到處撒尿,因此那天晚上,我們把它放到了戶外。

Around midnight a cat came and killed it.

大約是午夜左右,一隻貓經過,咬死了它。

We all heard the rabbit's agonised cries.

我們都聽見了它悽慘的哀號。

Atal would not stop weeping.

阿塔爾不停地哭泣。

'Let the sun come and I will teach that cat a lesson tomorrow,' he said. 'I will kill him.'

“等太陽出來以後,我要給那隻貓點顏色看看。”他說,“我要殺死它。”

It seemed like a bad omen.

這聽起來是個不祥的預兆。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章