英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(4)

本文已影響 2.67W人 

I had no idea what had happened to me and I didn't trust anyone.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(4)
我完全不清楚自己身上究竟發生了些什麼事,我不相信任何人。

If my father was fine, why wasn't he here?

如果父親安然無恙,爲什麼他不在我的身旁?

I thought my parents didn't know where I was and could be searching for me in the chowks and bazaars of Mingora.

我認爲父母並不知道我身在何處,他們可能還在明戈拉各處的廣場或市集裏到處尋找我的下落。

I didn't believe my parents were safe.

我不相信我的父母都平安無事。

Those first days my mind kept drifting in and out of a dream world.

住在那裏的頭幾天,我的神志總在夢境與現實之間飄來蕩去。

I kept having flashbacks to lying on a bed with men around me, so many that you couldn't count, and asking, 'Where is my father?'

我不停回到同一個場景:我躺在牀上,數不清的男人包圍着我,我問他們:“我的父親在哪裏?”

I thought I had been shot but wasn't sure – were these dreams or memories?

我想自己遭受了槍擊,但沒辦法確定——這些畫面到底是夢幻,還是回憶?

I was obsessed by how much this must be costing.

我還不由自主地焦慮這將需要花費多少錢。

The money from the awards had almost all gone on the school and buying a plot of land in our village in Shangla.

我們得獎賺來的錢都花在校務上,另外還在香拉的村子裏買了塊地。

Whenever I saw the doctors talking to one another I thought they were saying, 'Malala doesn't have any money. Malala can't pay for her treatment.'

每次,當我看到醫生在跟別人說話,我就會覺得他們是在說:“馬拉拉沒有錢。馬拉拉付不起她的醫藥費。”

One of the doctors was a Polish man who always looked sad.

有一名醫生是波蘭人,他的神情總是充滿哀傷。

I thought he was the owner of the hospital and was unhappy because I couldn't pay.

我猜想他是醫院的老闆,因爲我付不出錢而讓他鬱鬱寡歡。

So I gestured at a nurse for paper and wrote, 'Why are you sad?'

所以我比了個手勢,請護士幫我拿了張紙,然後寫道:“你在難過什麼呢?”

He replied, 'No, I am not sad.'

他回答:“沒有,我沒有在難過。”

'Who will pay?' I wrote. 'We don't have any money.'

“誰會付錢?”我寫,“我們家沒有錢。”

'Don't worry, your government will pay,' he said.

“別擔心,你們政府會負擔。”他說。

Afterwards he always smiled when he saw me.

在那次之後,他每次看到我都會面帶微笑。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章