英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第24章:他們奪走了她的笑容(3)

本文已影響 1.57W人 

When they returned to the hostel room, they cried like children.

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第24章:他們奪走了她的笑容(3)
父母回到宿舍的房間後,像孩子般地大哭起來。

I had always been such a happy child.

過去,我一直都是個快樂的孩子。

My father would boast to people about 'my heavenly smile and heavenly laughter'.

父親總是向人們炫耀我那“天使般的笑靨和天使般的笑聲”。

Now he lamented to my mother, 'That beautiful symmetrical face, that bright shining face has gone; she has lost her smile and laughter.

而現在,他對着我母親悲嘆,“那張美麗對稱的臉,那張明亮閃耀的臉,沒了;她也失去了她的笑靨和笑聲。

The Taliban are very cruel – they have snatched her smile,' he added. 'You can give someone eyes or lungs but you cannot restore their smile.'

塔利班多麼殘忍——他們奪走了她的笑容。”他補充道,“你可以捐給別人雙眼或肺臟,但恢復不了他們臉上曾經的笑容。”

The problem was a facial nerve.

問題出在一條面部神經上。

The doctors were not sure at that point if it was damaged and might repair itself, or if it was cut.

當時,醫生並不確定它究竟只是受損,會自行恢復,還是已經被切斷。

I reassured my mother that it didn't matter to me if my face was not symmetrical.

我安慰母親說,就算我的臉左右不對稱,也沒有什麼大不了。

Me, who had always cared about my appearance, how my hair looked!

一直以來,我都很在意自己的外觀,在意自己的髮型。

But when you see death, things change.

但當你親眼見識過死亡,世界在你眼中,就完全不同了。

'It doesn't matter if I can't smile or blink properly,' I told her, 'I'm still me, Malala.

“就算我沒有辦法正常微笑或眨眼,”我告訴她,“我依舊是我,馬拉拉。

The important thing is God has given me my life.'

最重要的是,真主已經賦予了我新的生命。”

Yet every time they came to the hospital and I laughed or tried to smile, my mother's face would darken as if a shadow had crossed it.

但每次他們來探視我,當我大笑或試圖微笑時,母親的臉龐仍會如同被暗影侵襲般陰暗下去。

It was like a reverse mirror – when there was laughter on my face there was distress on my mother's.

這就像是一面相反的鏡子——當我臉上出現笑容時,母親的臉上就會出現悲傷。

My father would look towards my mother, who had this big question in her eyes: Why was Malala like this?

父親會直視着母親的臉龐,母親的眼裏藏着一個大大的困惑:爲什麼馬拉拉會變成這樣?

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章