英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(1)

本文已影響 5.39K人 

23 'The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham'

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(1)
23 “伯明翰,頭部中槍的女孩”

I woke up on 16 October, a week after the shooting.

我在10月16日醒來,槍擊事件發生後的一星期。

I was thousands of miles away from home with a tube in my neck to help me breathe and unable to speak.

我離家千里之遙,脖子上插着一根管子,它幫助我呼吸,也讓我無法說話。

I was on the way back to critical care after another CT scan, and flitted between consciousness and sleep until I woke properly.

當時,剛做完一次斷層掃描,我在回到加護病房的路上。我時而清醒,時而昏迷,最後完全清醒過來。

The first thing I thought when I came round was, Thank God I'm not dead.

我清醒過來後的第一件事情就是,“感謝真主,我還活着”。

But I had no idea where I was.

但我完全不知道自己身在何處。

I knew I was not in my homeland.

我知道自己不在家鄉。

The nurses and doctors were speaking English though they seemed to all be from different countries.

護士與醫生說的都是英語,但他們似乎都來自不同的國家。

I was speaking to them but no one could hear me because of the tube in my neck.

我試圖跟他們說話,但因爲脖子上那條管子的關係,他們聽不見我的聲音。

To start with my left eye was very blurry and everyone had two noses and four eyes.

一開始,我的左眼看任何東西都是模模糊糊的,每個人似乎都有兩個鼻子和四隻眼睛。

All sorts of questions flew through my waking brain: Where was I? Who had brought me there? Where were my parents? Was my father alive? I was terrified.

我清醒的大腦裏充斥着各種問題:這是哪裏?誰帶我來的?我的父母在哪兒?我的父親還活着嗎?我很害怕。

Dr Javid, who was there when I was brought round, says he will never forget the look of fear and bewilderment on my face.

我醒轉過來時,賈維德醫生在現場,他說他永遠也不會忘記我臉上表現出的恐懼與困惑。

He spoke to me in Urdu.

他用烏爾都語跟我說話。

The only thing I knew was that Allah had blessed me with a new life.

我唯一確信的事情,就是真主賦予我一條新的生命。

A nice lady in a headscarf held my hand and said, 'Asalaamu alaikum,' which is our traditional Muslim greeting.

一個戴着頭巾的女士親切地握住我的手,跟我說:“阿莎拉穆·阿拉伊科姆。”這是我們穆斯林的傳統問候。

Then she started saying prayers in Urdu and reciting verses of the Quran.

接着,她開始用烏爾都語唸誦禱詞,並吟詠起《古蘭經》中的詞句。

She told me her name was Rehanna and she was the Muslim chaplain.

她告訴我她叫蕾哈娜,是一名穆斯林牧師。

Her voice was soft and her words were soothing, and I drifted back to sleep.

她的語調輕柔,言語溫暖,我在那聲音中陷入夢鄉。

I dreamed I wasn't really in hospital.

我夢見自己人在他方,而非醫院。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章