英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(7)

本文已影響 1.94W人 

Later he told me that Dr Javid had also ordered him not to cry as that would make us all sadder.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(7)
後來父親告訴我,賈維德醫生也告誡他不可以哭,否則我們兩人會更難過。

The doctor wanted us to be strong for each other.

醫生希望我們能爲彼此堅強。

The call did not last long because my parents did not want to tire me out.

那通電話沒有講很久,因爲我父母不希望我過度疲累。

My mother blessed me with prayers.

我的母親則一直在電話那頭幫我祈禱。

I still presumed that the reason they weren't with me was because my father didn't have the money to pay for my treatment.

我仍然相信,我的家人當時沒辦法陪在我身旁,是因爲父親沒錢支付我的醫療費用。

That's why he was still in Pakistan, to sell our land in the village and also our school.

這就解釋了爲什麼他人還在巴基斯坦。說不定,他正在賣我們家村裏的那塊土地,連帶把我們的學校也脫手了。

But our land was small and I knew our school buildings and our house were rented, so what could he sell?

但我們那塊地那麼小,學校的建築與我們家的房子又都是租來的,他怎麼賣?

Perhaps he was asking rich people for a loan.

說不定他正在想辦法向有錢人借貸。

Even after the call, my parents were not completely reassured.

就算通過了電話,我的父母還是無法完全放心。

They hadn't actually heard my voice and were still cut off from the outside world.

他們並沒有實際聽到我的聲音,而且他們依舊與外界隔絕。

People who visited them were bringing conflicting reports.

去拜訪他們的人總會帶來前後矛盾的消息。

One of those visitors was Major General Ghulam Qamar, head of military operations in Swat.

其中一名來訪者是少將古拉姆·卡瑪,他是斯瓦特軍事行動的領袖。

'There is good news coming from the UK,' he told my father.

“英國那邊傳來了好消息,”他告訴父親,

'We are very happy our daughter has survived.'

“我們都很高興聽到我們的女兒活了下來。”

He said 'our' because now I was seen as the daughter of the nation.

他用“我們的”,因爲我現在已被視爲“巴基斯坦的女兒”。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章