英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第20章:誰是馬拉拉?(5)

本文已影響 3.02W人 

The bus did two trips every day, and that day we took the second one.

padding-bottom: 216.95%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第20章:誰是馬拉拉?(5)
那輛巴士每天跑兩趟,這天,我們搭的是第二趟。

We liked staying on at school and Moniba said, 'As we're tired after the exam, let's stay and chat before going home.'

我們喜歡留在學校,而且莫妮巴說:“考試讓人筋疲力盡,回家前,大家留下來聊會兒天吧!”

I was relieved that the Pakistan Studies exam had gone well so I agreed. I had no worries that day.

因爲對“巴基斯坦研究”的考試比較滿意,我同意了她的提議,心情愉快。

I was hungry but because we were fifteen we could no longer go outside to the street, so I got one of the small girls to buy me a corn cob.

我覺得肚子餓了。但因爲我們已經年滿15歲,不能獨自上街,所以我找了一個小女孩幫我買了一穗煮玉米。

I ate a little bit of it then gave it to another girl to finish.

我吃了一點兒,將剩下的給了另一個女孩兒。

At twelve o'clock Baba called us over the loudspeaker.

12點鐘,爸爸用廣播召喚我們。

We all ran down the steps.

我們跑下樓去。

The other girls all covered their faces before emerging from the door and climbed into the back of the bus.

出校門前,其他女孩都先把臉部遮好,然後才爬進巴士的後座。

I wore my scarf over my head but never over my face.

我用圍巾把自己的頭包起來,但我從不遮掩自己的面容。

I asked Usman Bhai Jan to tell us a joke while we were waiting for two teachers to arrive.

在等候另外兩個老師上車前,我要烏斯曼大哥講笑話給我們聽。

He has a collection of extremely funny stories.

他的腦子就是一部超級搞笑的故事大全。

That day instead of a story he did a magic trick to make a pebble disappear.

那天他沒講故事,倒是變了一個讓鵝卵石消失的魔術。

'Show us how you did it!' we all clamoured, but he wouldn't.

“你怎麼辦到的?跟我們說說!”我們吵嚷着,但他堅持不肯泄露。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章