英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第8章:地動之秋(2)

本文已影響 2.48W人 

Once the shaking had stopped we were all sent home.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第8章:地動之秋(2)

地表停止晃動後,校方要求我們回家。

We found our mother sitting in a chair holding the Quran, reciting verses over and over.

我們在一張椅子上發現母親的身影,她手裏緊握一本《古蘭經》,一遍又一遍地念誦着裏面的經文。

Whenever there is trouble people pray a lot.

每當災難發生,人們就會開始祈求真主的幫忙。

She was relieved to see us and hugged us, tears streaming down her face.

看見我們出現後,她總算放下一顆心,跑過來擁抱我們,淚水滑過她的臉龐。

But the aftershocks kept coming all afternoon so we remained very had moved again – we would move seven times by the time I was thirteen – and were living in an apartment building.

但整個下午,餘震不停來襲,所以我們還是很害怕。

It was high for Mingora, two storeys with a big water tank on the roof.

那時,我們又搬了新家,是幢兩層樓的建築,屋頂上還有巨大的水塔。

My mother was terrified it would collapse on top of us so we kept going outside.

母親擔心那大水塔會掉下來,於是我們一直待在戶外。

When nightfall came, there were still tremors and my mother was in a state of panic.

當夜幕低垂時,大地仍在晃動,我母親陷入一種恐慌的情緒中。

Every time we felt a tremor we thought it was the Day of Judgement.

每當感覺到大地在晃動時,我們心裏就會想着審判日降臨了。

‘We will be buried in our beds!’ she cried.

我們會在牀上被活埋!母親大叫。

She insisted we leave, but my father was exhausted and we Muslims believe our fate is written by God.

她堅持要我們離開室內,但父親累壞了,而且我們穆斯林相信人的命運真主早有安排。

So he put me and my brothers Khushal and Atal, then just a baby, to bed.

因此,父親把我和弟弟胡沙爾,以及還是個小寶寶的阿塔爾送上牀睡覺。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章