英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第25章:尾聲(8)

本文已影響 1.66W人 

It is still not definitely known who shot me, but a man named Ataullah Khan said he did it.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第25章:尾聲(8)
我們依舊無法完全確定是誰對我開了槍,但有一名叫作阿陶拉·汗的男子說是他下的手。

The police have not managed to find him but they say they are investigating and want to interview me.

警方還沒有找到他,但他們說正在着手調查,並希望能有機會跟我溝通。

Though I don't remember exactly what happened that day, sometimes I have flashbacks. They come unexpectedly.

雖然我並不完全記得那天究竟發生了什麼事,但有時,我會忽然陷入當時的情境。我無法預知這種情形何時出現。

The worst one was in June, when we were in Abu Dhabi on the way to perform Umrah in Saudi Arabia.

最糟的一次發生在6月,我們當時在阿布扎比,正在前往沙特阿拉伯進行副朝(原文爲Umrah。根據伊斯蘭教法規定,凡穆斯林均需於規定的期間,也就是伊斯蘭教教歷12月8日至12月12日,前往聖城麥加朝聖,此稱爲“正朝”。而在此期間之外若前往麥加朝覲,則稱爲“副朝”。)的路上。

I went to a shopping mall with my mother as she wanted to buy a special burqa to pray in Mecca.

我和母親一起來到購物中心,因爲她想買一件專用的罩袍,穿上它在麥加做禮拜。

I didn't want one. I said I would just wear my shawl as it is not specified that a woman must wear a burqa.

我不想買。我說我會戴着我的披巾,因爲教義中並沒有特別規定女性一定要穿罩袍。

As we were walking through the mall, suddenly I could see so many men around me.

當我們在購物中心穿行時,我忽然看見許多男人環繞在我的身旁。

I thought they were waiting for me with guns and would shoot.

我以爲他們身上都帶着槍,一見我出現就會開槍。

I was terrified though I said nothing.

我很害怕,但我什麼都沒說。

I told myself, Malala, you have already faced death.

我告訴自己:馬拉拉,你已經跟死亡正面交過手了。

This is your second life.

這是你的第二條命。

Don't be afraid – if you are afraid you can't move forward.

不要怕——如果你害怕,你就會無法繼續走下去。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章