英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(7)

本文已影響 1.27W人 

Even though my father was not an elder or a khan, he was chosen as spokesperson as he was not afraid to speak out.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(7)

當年英國女王到訪斯瓦特時,他是貼身保鏢之一。

Though he was more poetic in Pashto, he could speak our national language, Urdu,

雖然我的父親既不是一位長者也不是部落首領,卻因爲他的敢於直言而被選爲發言人。

and English fluently, which meant he was an effective communicator outside Swat as well as inside.

雖然相較而言,他說起母語來更具詩意,但他的官方語言,烏爾都語,以及英語都非常流利,這使他無論對內或對斯瓦特以外的人,都能順暢地交流溝通。

Every day, on behalf of the Swat Council of Elders, he was at seminars or on the media challenging Fazlullah.

每天,他都代表斯瓦特長者議會出席研討會,或在媒體上批評法茲魯拉。

‘What are you doing?’ he would ask.

你知道自己在做什麼嗎?父親質問道,

‘You are playing havoc with our lives and our culture.’

你把摧殘我們的性命和我們的文化當作一場遊戲。

My father would say to me, ‘Any organisation which works for peace, I will join.

父親對我說:任何爲和平而努力的組織,我都會參加。

If you want to resolve a dispute or come out from conflict, the very first thing is to speak the truth.

解決紛爭或擺脫爭端最重要也是最初的一步,就是說出真相。

If you have a headache and tell the doctor you have a stomach ache, how can the doctor help? You must speak the truth.

如果你頭痛,卻跟醫生說你胃痛,那醫生怎麼幫你呢?你一定要說真話,

The truth will abolish fear.’

真相將消解恐懼。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀