英語閱讀英語小故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第14章:一種有趣的和平(2)

本文已影響 3.92K人 

Listen, Maulana,' he told Fazlullah. 'You killed people, you slaughtered people, you beheaded people, you destroyed schools and still there was no protest in Pakistan.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第14章:一種有趣的和平(2)
“聽我說,毛拉,”他跟法茲魯拉說,“你殘害人民,你屠殺人民,你砍掉人民的頭,你摧毀許多學校,巴基斯坦人一直都沒有起來抗議。

But when you banned girls' education people spoke out.

但是,當你禁止女孩接受教育時,人民抗爭了。

Even the Pakistan media, which has been so soft on you till now, is outraged.'

就連一向對你都很友善的巴基斯坦媒體,都發出了怒吼。”

The pressure from the whole country worked, and Fazlullah agreed to lift the ban for girls up to ten years old – Year 4.

來自整個國家的壓力奏效了,法茲魯拉同意解除部分禁令:十歲以下的女孩可以接受教育——也就是到四年級爲止。

I was in Year 5 and some of us pretended we were younger than we were.

雖然我是五年級學生,但我和一些女同學假裝自己不到十歲。

We started going to school again, dressed in ordinary clothes and hiding our books under our shawls.

我們又開始去上學,穿着便服,把書本藏在披巾底下。

It was risky but it was the only ambition I had back then.

這樣做很危險,但那是我當時唯一的願望。

We were lucky too that Madam Maryam was brave and resisted the pressure to stop working.

幸運的是,瑪麗安女士很勇敢,頂住外界的壓力繼續工作。

She had known my father since she was ten and they trusted each other completely – she used to signal to him to wind up when he spoke for too long, which was often!

她十歲時就認識我的父親,兩人彼此對對方完全信任。以前,每次當父親滔滔不絕地發表演講時,她都會提醒他適可而止。我父親常這樣!

The secret school is our silent protest,' she told us.

“祕密學校就是我們沉默的抗議。”她告訴我們。

I didn't write anything about it in my diary.

我沒有在我的日記裏提到這件事。

If they had caught us they would have flogged or even slaughtered us as they had Shabana.

因爲如果他們抓到我們的小辮子,就會對我們施以鞭刑,甚至會像殺死莎芭娜那樣屠殺我們。

Some people are afraid of ghosts, some of spiders or snakes – in those days we were afraid of our fellow human beings.

有些人怕鬼魂、蜘蛛或是毒蛇;而在那些日子裏,我們懼怕的,是我們的人類同胞。

On the way to school I sometimes saw the Taliban with their caps and long dirty hair.

在去學校的路上,我偶爾會撞見戴着休閒帽,留着一頭骯髒長髮的塔利班。

Most of the time they hid their faces.

多數時候,他們會用面罩隱藏起五官。

They were awkward, horrible-looking.

他們舉止古怪,模樣可怕。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章