口語英語實用生活英語口語

世紀經典電影英文之音樂之聲

本文已影響 3.11W人 

(對生活充滿信心的瑪麗亞初涉塵俗來到特拉普上校家裏做家庭教師,在那裏她和特拉普上校進行了第一次對話。)
Captain: In the future, you're kind of to remember that certain rooms in this house which are not to be disturbed.
上校 :以後請你記住,這房子裏有些房間是不能亂闖的。
*************************************************************
額外成就
在口語中kind of 通常可作副詞,意思是“有一點兒,在某種程度上”。
如 :The film is not kind of interesting at all.
那部電影一點都不好看。
*************************************************************
Maria: Yes, Captain, sir.
瑪麗亞:是,上校,先生。
Captain: Why do you stare at me that way?
上校:爲什麼這樣盯着我?
Maria: Well, you don't look at all like a sea Captain, sir.
瑪麗亞:先生,你看起來一點都不像海軍上校。
Captain: I'm afraid you don't look very much like a governess. Turn around, please.
上校:恐怕你也不怎麼像家庭教師。請轉過身去。
Maria: What?
瑪麗亞:什麼?
Captain: Turn. Hat off. It's the dress. You have to put on another one before you meet the children.
上校:轉身,脫帽,是衣服不對勁。在和孩子們見面之前,你得換套衣服。
*************************************************************
額外成就
one before you meet the children.
作爲軍人出身的特拉普上校,口中不時冒出幾句帶有命令口吻的話是不足爲怪的,這正體現了他軍人作風的一面。 如句中hat off 就是一例, 完整的句子應是take your hat off.
************************************************************
Maria: But I don't have another one. When we enter the abbey, our worldly【世俗的】 clothes are given to the poor.
瑪麗亞:但是,我沒有其他衣服。當我們進修道院時,就把平時穿的衣服都送給窮人了。
Captain: What about this one?
上校:那這一件呢?
Maria: The poor didn't want this one.
瑪麗亞:窮人不要這一套。
Captain: Hmm.
上校:嗯。
Maria: I would've made myself a new dress but there wasn't time, I can make my own clothes.
瑪麗亞:如果有時間來的話,我就自己做一套新衣服。我會給自己做衣服。
Captain: Well, I'll see you get some material. Today, if possible. Now, Fraulein... er...
上校:那麼我來給你弄些布料。可能的話,今天就給你。現在,弗勞倫……呃……
額外成就
see 本意是“看” 但在句中的意思是“注意,確保”相當於make sure that, 後面常接介詞to
如 :See to it that you are ready on time!
到時你千萬要準備好!
Would you see to the arrangements for the next meeting?
你來安排下次的會議,好嗎?
Maria: Maria.
瑪麗亞:瑪麗亞。
Captain: Fraulein Maria, I don't know how much the Mother has told you.
上校:弗勞倫·瑪麗亞小姐,我不知道院長嬤嬤告訴了你多少情況。
Maria: Not much.
瑪麗亞:不是很多。
Captain: You're the twelfth in a long line of governesses, who have come to look after my children since their mother died. I trust that you will be an improvement on the last one. She stayed only two hours.
上校:自從孩子們的母親去世以後,你是來照看他們的第十二位女家庭教師。相信你比最後一位有進步,她只呆了兩個小時。
*************************************************************
額外成就
in a long line 意思是一個長隊, 可以看出教特拉普上校的孩子不是一件容易的事,然而這正與後來瑪麗亞出色的表現形成鮮明的對照。
*************************************************************
Maria: What's wrong with the children, sir?
瑪麗亞:孩子們有什麼不對勁嗎,先生?
Captain: There was nothing wrong with the children, only the governesses. They were completely unable to maintain discipline. Without it, the house can not be properly run. Please remember that, Fraulein.
上校:孩子們很好,只怪家庭教師。她們完全不能維持紀律。沒這些紀律,這個家就沒法正常運轉。弗勞倫,請記住這點。
Maria: Yes, sir.
瑪麗亞:是的,先生。
Captain: Every morning you will drill【訓練】 the children in their studies, I will not permit them to dream away their summer holidays. Each afternoon they will march about the ground, breathing deeply. Bed-time is to be strictly observed. No exceptions【例外】.
上校:每天上午你得督促孩子做功課。我可不允許他們虛度整個暑假。下午,他們在操場上操練,做深呼吸。就寢時間必須嚴格遵守,不得例外。
Maria: Excuse me, sir. When do they play?
瑪麗亞:對不起,先生,他們什麼時候玩?
Captain: You'll see to that they conduct themselves at all time with the utmost orderliness【秩序】and decorum【端莊】, I'm placing you in command.
上校:你得看着他們在任何時候都循規蹈矩。這個就由你來決定。
Maria: Yes, sir.
瑪麗亞:是的,先生。
********************************************************
額外成就
conduct oneself: 爲人處事,表現
如 : Thanks for your advice, it really helps conduct myself well in the new environment.
謝謝你的建議, 它對我在新的環境中如何立身處事有很大幫助。
********************************************************
(上校匆匆走向屋內,看到孩子們正在給男爵夫人唱歌,他微笑着加入孩子們的歌聲中。瑪麗亞從門前經過,上校叫住了她。)
Captain: Fraulein, I, I behaved badly. I apologize.
上校: 弗勞倫,我,我剛纔表現粗魯,我向你道歉。
Maria: No, I'm far too outspoken. It's one of my worst faults.
瑪麗亞:不,我說話太過分了,這是我最大的缺點之一。
Captain: You were right. I don't know my children.
上校:你說對了,我不瞭解自己的孩子。
Maria: There's still time, Captain. They want so much to be close to you.
瑪麗亞:上校,來日方長。他們非常想跟你親近。
Captain: And you've brought the music back to the house. I'd forgotten. Fraulein, I, I want you to stay. I ask you to stay.
上校:你把音樂帶回家中,我都忘了音樂。弗勞倫,我想叫你留下來,我請你留下。
Maria: If I could be of any help.
瑪麗亞:要是我能有所幫助的話。
Captain: You have already. More than you know.
上校:你已經幫了, 而且遠遠超出了你自己知道的。

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">世紀經典電影英文之音樂之聲

(特拉普上校逐漸對瑪麗亞產生了愛意,在一個寧靜的夜晚,他終於走向在夜色下徘徊的瑪麗亞並道出了真愛。)
Captain: Hello, I, I thought I just might find you here.
上校: 你好, 我想, 也許在這兒能找到你.
Maria: (Maria stands up) Is there something you wanted?
瑪麗亞:有事嗎?(瑪麗亞站起身。)
Captain: No, no, no, sit down please, please. I ? (sitting down) You know I was, I was thinking, I was wondering two things. Why did you run away to the Abbey, and what was it that made you come back?
上校:不,不,不。請坐下,請。呃……我可以坐嗎?(坐下)你知道嗎,我一直在想,有兩件事我不太懂,你爲什麼會跑回修道院。還有,又是什麼促使你回來?
Maria: Well, I had an obligation to fulfill and I, I came back to fulfill it.
瑪麗亞:哦,我有個任務需要完成,所以我,我就回來完成它呀。
Captain: Is that all?
上校:就這些嗎?
Maria: And I missed the children.
瑪麗亞:還有我想念孩子們。
Captain: Yes, only the children?
上校: 是嗎? 僅僅想念孩子們?
Maria: No, yes! Isn't it right I should have missed them?
瑪麗亞:不……是的!難道我不該想念他們嗎?
Captain: Yes, yes, of course. I was only hoping that perhaps you … perhaps you might…uh…
上校: 不是,當然不是,我只是希望或許你,或許你會……呃……
Maria: Yes?
瑪麗亞: 什麼?
Captain: Well …uh… nothing was the same when you were away. And it'll be all wrong again after you leave. And I just thought that perhaps you might… uh… change you mind.
上校:呃……你一走家裏全都變了樣,要是你再離開, 一切又會變糟。 我只是在想也許你會……呃……改變主意。
Maria: I'm sure the Baroness will be able to make things fine for you.
瑪麗亞:我相信男爵夫人能夠把家裏的事替你安排妥當。
Captain: Maria, there isn't going to be any Baroness.
上校:瑪麗亞, 不會有什麼男爵夫人了。
Maria: There isn't ?
瑪麗亞:沒有?
Captain: No.
上校: 是的。
Maria: I don't understand.
瑪麗亞:我不懂。
Captain: Well, we've …uh… called off our engagement, you see and... uh…
上校: 我們已經取消了婚約。而且……
**************************************************
額外成就
call off: 取消,放棄
如:The match was called off because of the bad weather.
由於天氣惡劣,比賽被取消。
***************************************************
Maria: Oh, I'm sorry.
瑪麗亞:哦,很遺憾。
Captain: Yes … you are?
上校: 是嗎……你感到遺憾?
Maria: You did?
瑪麗亞:你真的取消了?
Captain: Yes. Well, you can't marry someone when you're in love with someone else, can you?
上校:是的,當你愛着別人時,你不可能和另外一個人結婚,你能做到嗎?
Maria: Reverend Mother always says when the Lord closes a door, somewhere else he opens a window.
瑪麗亞:院長嬤嬤總是這樣說,當主關上一扇門時,他會在別處爲你開啓一扇窗。
Captain: What else did the Reverend Mother say?
上校:院長嬤嬤還說些什麼?
Maria: That you have to look for your life.
瑪麗亞:她還說必須尋找生命中值得的東西。
Captain: Is that why you came back? And have you found it, Maria?
上校:這就是你回來的原因嗎?你找到沒有,瑪麗亞?
Maria: I think I have. I know I have.
瑪麗亞:我想我找到了。我知道我找到了。
Captain: I love you.
上校:我愛你。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章