迷你對話學地道口語第124期:吃飯
迷你對話:
A:Will you ask Frank to help me out of the difficulty?
你能讓弗蘭克幫助我擺脱困境嗎?
B:Yes, I will. But now he isfeeding his face.
可是,但是現在他在吃飯。
A:Then what?
那又怎麼樣?
B:When he is feeding his face the hates being bothered.
他吃飯時,最討厭別人打攪他。
地道表達:
feed one’s face
解詞釋義:
feed是動詞,表示“給(人或動物)食物,餵養,飼養”等意。這個短語為日常用語,它的字面意思是“喂某人的臉”,引申為“吃飯”。
支持範例:
ng washed,they were now ready to feed our faces.
洗完衣服他們現在準備吃飯。
my part, I don't mind where we feed our faces.
對我來説, 到哪兒吃飯都無所謂。
詞海拾貝:
help sb out of:幫助某人脱離
Eg.I think I can help you out of your trouble.
我想我能夠幫您擺脱困境。
' s the one man who can help you out of your difficulty.
他是惟一能幫助你擺脱困境的人。
asked me, cap in hand, if I could help him out of his financial difficulties.
他畢恭畢敬地問我能不能幫他擺脱財政困難。
Eg.I don't want anybody to help me out of pity.
我不要任何人出於憐憫來幫助我。
hate + V+ing:討厭做某事
do you hate doing around the house?
你討厭在家裏做什麼?
Eg.I hate doing experiments. They always go wrong for me.
我最恨做實驗,我每次做都出岔錯。
Eg.I hate doing the damn laundry.
我討厭洗這該死的衣服。
特別聲明:該節目迷你對話精選自口語書籍,其餘講解部分為未經可可許可請勿轉載。