美語情景對話 第99期:飛車一族 Motorcycles
Howard: Hi, Todd.
你好,託德。Todd: Hey, how's it going, Howard? So I heard that you're really into motorcycles.
你好,你過得怎麼樣,霍華德?我聽說你很迷摩托車?Howard: Ah, yes, I love motorcyles. I've been riding motorcycles since I was 15 years old.
是的,我喜歡摩托車。我從15歲開始就騎摩托車了。
Todd: Oh, really. Wow! So, what's the allure of motorcycles?
哦,真的。哇!摩托車吸引你的地方在於什麼?Howard: Freedom. I like the fresh air. I like being out on my own. And I just like the feeling of riding on a bike. It's like a bicycle without having to pedal and you go a lot faster.
自由。我喜歡呼吸新鮮空氣。我喜歡自己出去逛,喜歡一個人騎摩托的感覺。就好像騎着一輛沒有腳踏板的自行車,而且速度很快。Todd: Yeah, that's for sure. Do you have any good motorcylcle stories?
那是肯定的。你有什麼好的關於摩托車的故事嗎?Howard: About 10,000 of them.
有很多很多。Todd: Well, have you ever like taken a special trip on a motorcycle?
你喜歡騎摩托車專門去旅行嗎?Howard: I've been all over the East coast of the United States, from Pennsylvania to Florida on a motorcycle.
我期摩托車走遍了美國東海岸,從賓夕法尼亞州出發一直到弗羅裏達州。Todd: Oh, wow.
哇。Howard: Yeah, I've travelled many times and many different kinds of roads, and taken all kinds of camping trips on bikes.
我旅行過很多次,每次都走不同的路線。經歷過各種野外露營。Todd: Wow, sounds great. So do you usually travel alone or in a group?
哇,聽起來不錯。你經常獨自旅行還是參團旅行?Howard: Almost always I go alone. Some guys like to travel together but I found I enjoyed it by myself most of all.
我幾乎都是獨自旅行的。有的人喜歡集體旅行,但我發現自己很享受獨自旅行。Todd: Oh really. Oh, wow. Don't you get kind of lonely?
真的嗎。哇,你不會覺得有點兒孤單嗎?Howard: Never, there's always a new adventure on every trip.
從來沒有,每次旅行都是一場新的探險。Todd: Have you ever made any special friends out on the road?
你在旅途中結識過什麼特別的朋友嗎?Howard: Sure, bikers are like a special kind of fraternity. Every biker knows each other, and we're all very close even though we're not close.
當然,騎手之間就像一個兄弟會。每個騎手都認識彼此,雖然我們之間可能相距很遠,但我們彼此都很親近。注:譯文屬原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。