迷你對話學地道口語第1200期:不僅舉手之勞
本文已影響
8.51K人
第一, 迷你對話
A: Can I help you?
先生,需要我幫助嗎?
B: It’s very kind of you to say so. I really need someone to help me.
你這麼說,真是太好了。我真的需要一個人幫助我。
A: It is my pleasure. Just tell me what to do.
能幫助你是我的榮幸,告訴我,要我做什麼。
B: Thanks. But nowadays more and more people won’t stir a finger when you need a hand.
謝謝。但是越來越多的人在需要幫助的時候,一點忙都不幫。
第二, 地道表達
not stir a finger
1. 解詞釋義
Not stir a finger的意思是“不僅舉手之勞”“一點忙都不幫”。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. He did not so much as stir a finger.
他一點力都不肯出。
e.g. Not that I don' t want to stir a finger but that it's beyond my power to do so.
並非我不幫忙,實在是無能爲力。
e.g. He always says he'll stir a finger, but when it comes to the crunch, he does nothing.
他口口聲聲說他一定幫忙, 然而事到臨頭他什麼也不幫。
第三, 咬文嚼字
need a hand:需要幫忙
e.g. Need a hand to remove the box?
要幫忙搬掉這隻箱子嗎?