迷你對話學地道口語第1327期:說話虛情假意
第一,迷你對話
A: It seems that you don't like Jenny, do you?
你好像不喜歡Jenny,是嗎?
B: Yeah. I don't like the way she speak to me.
是的,我不喜歡她跟我說話的方式。
A: She speaks with her tongue in her cheek, doesn't she?
她說話總是虛情假意,對嗎?
B: Yes, she always puts on airs whenever she talks with you.
是的,無論什麼時候和你說話都是裝腔作勢。
第二,地道表達
speak with one's tongue in one's cheek
解詞釋義
Speak with one tongue in one's cheek的意思是“說話虛情假意”。
拓展範例
E.g. There's a look on Jane's face that makes me think he's speaking with his tongue in his cheek.
從簡的表情看來,我覺得他話中有話。
E.g. He said he was sorry, but I knew he spoke with his tongue in his cheek.
E.g. He said that he would go to see them, but I suspect that he spoke with his tongue in his cheek.
他說他要去看我們,但我懷疑他是言不由衷。
第三,好詞妙語
put on airs:裝腔作勢,擺架子
E.g put on airs after marrying a millionaire.
自從嫁了百萬富翁後,她就擺起架子。
E.g. She had better not put on airs with me.I won't like it.
她最好不要對我擺架子,我不喜歡那一套。
E.g. You shouldn't put on airs even if you were in charge.
即便你當頭頭,也不該擺架子。