跟着Gwen學英語之每日早讀 第1009期
While there's a lot that I don't know at my age, what I do know is this: what some people take for granted, others are fighting for.
語音講解:
今日發音練習重點:
1. 對比強調帶來的重讀:e's a lot that I DON'T I DO know is this...
2. granted的美音發音可爲/ˈɡrænɪd/
言之有物:
1. While there's a lot that I don't know at my age...
雖然在我這個年紀有很多事不明白
*while 儘管/雖然=though/although
While he is respected, he is not liked.
儘管他很受尊重,他並不招人喜歡。
While I admit that there are problems, I don't agree that they cannot be solved.
儘管我承認有問題存在,但我不同意說這些問題不能解決。
But while the people follow him, no one would dare stand up to him until you.
雖然人民支持他,但沒人敢跟他正面衝突,只有你(此處字幕組翻譯有誤)。
圖片源自《角鬥士》
2. 詞鏈兒:take for granted 認爲XX理所應當/想當然
He took me for granted.
他不把我當回事。
The boss takes us for granted, but if we weren't here, this whole company would collapse.
老闆總是想當然。要是我們不在,估計公司都塌了。
I came into adult life clueless about a lot of things that most people take for granted .
我已成年,卻對許多大部分人認爲理所當然的事情一竅不通。
h you and I take for granted if we gift them a past.
你我視爲理所當然的體驗,如果我們賜予他們過去。
圖片源自《銀翼殺手》
I want you to know that I do not take that for granted.
我非常感激你的好意(不認爲你的好意理所應當)。
圖片源自《當幸福來敲門》
活學活用:
請用 take for granted 隨意造句
《雲上情歌》(Clouds):基於真實故事,美國男孩扎克·索比赫14歲被診斷患有骨肉瘤(18歲去世),多次手術和化療並未遏制癌症發展,在得知自己只剩幾個月壽命後,他創作了《雲》這首歌,感謝自己身邊的人和所經歷的一切,樂觀面對。
關注微信號:TeacherGwen