口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第78期:Wake Up Call 提醒

本文已影響 7.59K人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

We all have our own ways of waking up in the morning.

我們都有自己在早上醒來的方式。

But is this expression really about waking up in the morning? Wake-Up Call

但這個表達真的是在講早上如何醒來嗎?Wake-Up Call.

padding-bottom: 59.17%;">一分鐘英語 第78期:Wake-Up Call 提醒

I can't believe my roommate.

我真不敢相信我的室友。

Why? What's up?

爲什麼?發生了什麼?

She buys everything with her credit card. She's already 20000 dollars in debt!

她買什麼東西都刷信用卡。她已經負債20000美元了!

Ouch. Living off credit is a bad idea. She needs a wake-up call.

哎呦。靠信用卡生活真不是什麼好主意。需要有人來提醒一下她。

A wake-up call is something that makes you wake up to a bad reality -- like a huge credit card bill!

wake-up call是指某物使身處糟糕處境的你幡然醒悟,比如鉅額的信用卡賬單。

But this expression can also mean an actual wake-up call at a hotel.

但這個表達還可以指酒店的叫醒服務。

Next time you travel, you can ask for a wake-up call.

下次你開始一段旅途時,可以要求叫醒服務。

Or, if a friend is not facing reality, you can give them a wake-up call.

或者,你的朋友並沒有認清事實,你就可以提醒他們了。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章